The Kanza Cooperative Association Annual Stockholders Meeting was held on April 8 at the Pratt Municipal Building.
Business highlights of the meeting include:
- FY2020 net earnings of $8.9 million and local earnings of $3.5 million. Year end financial statements can be viewed here.
- Checks were distributed for patronage earnings from 2020 and the first round of equity redemption for 2012. Patronage rates can be viewed on the 2020 financial statement.
- Kanza received an unqualified audit opinion that accounting continues to be represented fairly. Copies of the audit are on file and available to members as requested.
- Frank Harper (East), Randy Fritzemeier (North) and Brian Moore (South) were each elected to a three-year term on the Board of Directors for their respective districts. Larry Briggeman was honored for his years of service on the board.
- Updates were given by the Chairman (Mike Christie) and CEO (Bruce Krehbiel) about business operations and upcoming projects.
Prior to the meeting a meal was served by Wheatland Café and Ruby Howell, Pratt High Senior and daughter of Jason (Board Member) and Pam Howell, gave a presentation about her experiences at the Kansas Cooperative Council Youth Leadership Camp in July of 2019.
A recording of the meeting is available on the Kanza Facebook Page.